I've done it now..... I've finally forayed into the realm of the sox on cirx club. Yep, you heard me right.
Ever since I heard about the sox on cirx thing, I kept telling myself, "Why fix something that ain't broke?" So I kept goin round n round on my beloved dpn's. (I still luv em btw).
I just wanted to experiment with my favorite sock pattern (The Sherman Method). I went and watched some Cat Bordhi videos on YouTube and I had an epiphane (no I didn't hear any choirs from heavon singing "AHHHHH" but close)!!
I used the Judy Becker 'Miraculous' Cast on from the video and then watched a few more times some of Cat's videos on knitting on two cirx. I would have to say, so far so good. Not quite as fast as I am on dpn's but I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it and be pumpin out sox n other tubuler things like there's no tomorrow.
As soon as I get off my lazy bum to drag the camera out, I'll take some pics of the WIP. Just a simple little sock, nothing fancy, but I did want to make sure I got the grasp of the concept before I went on to something with a little bit more pizazz.
Well, I had better head off to bed. Have court tomorrow (don't ask). So I still have to dye my hair or I'll be the only skunk in the court room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yipp, yippee !!!
I sounded just like YOU when I tried MagicLoop for the first time.........oh, I still love my dpns.....I'm just TRYIN' this method. Yeh, RIGHT ! ! ! I probably couldn't even find a WHOLE set of dpns if it weren't for my fantastic organizational skills..........I only use them in pairs for i-cord, now !
Your blog keeps me laughing!
I agree with Dotty though, I rarely use my dpn. Esp since I ordered the 40" cable to go with my options set, that way I can do magic loop with any size needle & any thickness of yarn.
Dotty: you can use one circ for your i-cord too. :o)
i totally agree....i was so afraid of the ML on a cir ndl for Simply Love.
ML rocks!!! i m loving it, wil be using more now.....
Post a Comment