Okay so this doesn't have a whole lot to do with knitting today, but, please, OH puhleezzze, hear me out.
I have come to the conclusion that donuts (you know those sweet adorable round things you get at the local bakery or Krispy Kreme are just plain, downright evil. Yes, evil!! You heard it here first!!!!
I work at a local bakery and after having a somewhat event filled evening (teenage daughters, need I say more), I had relaxed in front of my computer and was merrily knitting away at an awesome pair of mittens for my boy (he chose the pattern cause he thought it looked like camoflauge ).
I digress, but alas, I was knitting along checking out the Ravelry and KH forums when, DAMN, are you serious? It's the friggen phone. Now who in their right mind would be calling me at 12:45 in the a.m. not wanting me to teach them new articulate ways of telling someone to get a life? It was the regular "donut lady" at the bakery. She's got a fever and can't work, blah blah blah. I look at the clock and Scheit, it's almost 1 and I need to be there ASAP!!!
So, I jump in the shower, get dressed kiss the hubbiness buh bye and head to the bakery.
This is going to be such a looooooong day.... remember, I haven't even been to bed yet and I'm heading out to foment evil (donuts that is).
I get there and start the drudgery of donut making, you know weighing out the flour and mix and water n stuff, get the dough going and start in on the cake donuts. Now them buggers are definitely evil. If the water is too warm they won't fluff up and be tough, if the oil is too hot they burn on the outside and are still gooey as snot in the inside. Or if the oil is too cold they get all greasy and floppy and are just not worth the time it takes to mention them. But, as luck would have it, the fryer was being stupid (or was it just me, o well), the oil hadn't gotten to temp yet and, crap, that first drop of little hellions just flopped all to heck. I ended up having to make another batch of batter and doing them AGAIN!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH, did I mention I really hate donuts??
The rest of the morning goes along fine, but I have to be back in the afternoon to make those lovely personalized cookies. Who names some of these kids anyway. Sheesh, some of those names had more letters than Brittany Spears has DUI's.
I take a nap, but wouldn't you know it the dog decides that he has to jump up and down on the bed the whole time I am tryin to get a nap so that I can go back to the bakery and make those cookies. It's a wonder I would spell d-o-g much less write names on cookies. Acckkk!
Hubbiness calls while I'm at the bakery. Mind you I haven't seen him since I kissed him this morning before I went off to make those offending little pastries. He want's to know if I can get to the store to get some TP and something for dinner. I get done with the cookies, clean up, lock up and head to the store. Get my shopping done, get home, make the aforementioned dinner (it was nachos by the way) and wouldn't you know it, hubby is in bed sleeping like a baby. Yep, so, therefore, I have come to the conclusion that "donuts" as a whole are invariably EVIL!!!!
They make you stop knitting, they get you out of bed at ungodly hours. They just basically screw up yer whole day.
Now that I'm home and don't have to worry about those damn donuts maybe I can get back to knitting and surfing.
Luv you guys!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Maybe you shouldn't answer your phone at that hour? Or at least get caller id...or maybe turn the ringer off so that you can honestly say "I never heard the phone". Or is that stooping too mow & evil like the donuts?
donuts are evil in 2 ways.. once past your lips they stick to your hips..lol.. love vesta
Post a Comment