Friday, August 15, 2008

What is up n Then Again, Maybe Not!

Well, dang.

It's been like way too long ya'll. I've been a very, very bad blogger.

There is soo much to catch up on n all that stuff.


First, here are some pics of some of the things I've been doing lately, namely, spinning on a drop spindle and I actually made my own ghetto spinning wheel. (When I say ghetto, I mean it ain't perty but she sure does the job though).

The red singles above are the ones I used to make the yarn there on the bushes. I chain plied (or navajo plied) it and it turned into a lovely worsted weight yarn. Don't know what I'll do with it just yet but hey, it's still early in the game.

The golden brown singles, I double plied them and am knitting my mom a shawl. So far so good. I'll have to post a pic when I get it at least farther along than it is. The yarn looks like antique spun gold. I love it and it's sooo soft. I hope my mom likes it n all.

In other happenings, I've been terribly busy planning a Poker Run for the end of the month. Just two weeks away. WOOHOOO!!!! It's gonna be a blast. I still have to figure out the logistics as to who is doing what at the Lodge but heck that should be pretty easy to accomplish. (Well let's hope so) Still gotta get together the stop packets, you know the cards, t-shirts, etc. for each stop. I am hoping that it all goes well and that we have a nice turnout for it. If the weather is like it is today though, sheesh, It'll have to wait for another week. Dang, I sure would hate for that to happen ya know. Then peeps won't be so apt to show up. So here's to hoping that the weather cooperates with us on this thing.

I'll post pics of that after the event. It should be kewl!!!

2 comments:

dustinac said...

Tami, that is so pretty!! I'm sure the poker run will be a huge hit!! Miss ya : )

Julie said...

so we ya gonna post pics? And did you ever get a tredle on your wheel?